Moi University School of Medicine Entry Requirements 2024
The Moi University School of Medicine Entry Requirements 2024-2025. See Details of Moi University School of Medicine Entry Requirements on this page.
Moi University is one of the best universities in Kenya. The school offers many programmes to train students to become great professionals and leaders in the future.
Before one can get admission to read their preferred course, you need to meet the Entry/Admission Requirements for that particular course. The Admission Office of the Moi University School of Medicine has announced the available Courses and their Entry Requirements for 2024-2025 Moi University School of Medicine Intake.
The Moi University School of Medicine hence welcome applicants to apply to read their Courses, therefore, applicants should read the Entry Requirements provided below well.
Moi University School of Medicine Requirements – Moi University School of Medicine Entry Requirements 2024-2025
MU School of Medicine Minimum Admission Requirements:
Undergraduate Admission Requirements
To be admitted to the Moi University School of Medicine undergraduate degree programme, the candidate must satisfy the common requirements for entry into the University as stipulated in the Joint Admissions Board regulations. In addition, candidates must obtain at least the minimum cut off points for the year as determined from the following cluster drawn from the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education structure.
- Mean Grade of A- at KCSE: A- in Biology and Chemistry; and either Mathematics or Physics; and either English or Kiswahili- A Weighted Cluster Point of 45 and above is mandatory (using old JAB weighted cluster formula)
- Minimum of Division I in O’ Level with credit passes in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics or Physics and English or Kiswahili and have principal passes in Biology, Chemistry and either Physics or Mathematics at ‘A’ level
- Holders of Diplomas, BSc & Masters degrees in related subjects if:
- KCSE Graduates, have a Mean Grade of B and B in Biology, Chemistry and either Mathematics or Physics and B in either English or Kiswahili.
- O’ Level and ‘A’ Level System: O’ Level – Division II with credit passes in Biology, and chemistry, and either Math or Physics and either English or Kiswahili. In A’ Level – Have principal passes in Biology, Chemistry and either Mathematics/ Physics.
- O’ level British GCE system: Have at least a B in Biology and Chemistry; and either Mathematics or Physics and English, additionally at A’ level have at least a B in Biology, Chemistry and either Mathematics or Physics
Postgraduate Admission Requirements
Applicants for the programme shall normally:
- Meet the common Moi University School of Graduate Studies and MUFHS entry requirements as they refer to Master of Medicine programmes
- Be a holder of the M.B.Ch.B. degree of Moi University or
- Be a holder of the M.B.Ch.B. degree or equivalent from other institutions recognized by Moi University Senate.
- Be registered or registerable as a medical practitioner by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board of Kenya (MPDB).
- Have worked at least two years after internship.
- Pass admission interviews as determined by the Department Postgraduate Committee.
Read Other Articles on Moi University