KIHBT Civil Engineering Department and Courses
The KIHBT Civil Engineering. Details of KIHBT Civil Engineering Department and Courses
KIHBT CIVIL ENGINEERING BRANCH
The Civil Engineering branch is a one of the Pioneer Branches of KIHBT. It started offering Diploma Courses in 1997.
Since inception, the Branch has successfully mounted the following Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) & Technical University of Mombasa (TUM) Examined courses:
- Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Diploma in Highway Engineering
- Diploma in Land Survey
- Higher Diploma in Construction
- Highway engineering option.
- Building Economics option.
- Building and Civil Engineering option.
- Structural Engineering option
These courses are offered in both the regular model and on a part-time basis and are taught by highly qualified staff.
With the mandate derived from the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the Kenya Institute of Highways & Building Technology (KIHBT) and (MPUC), the branch is planning to mount degree courses in the near future.
- To equip trainees with relevant technical skills, knowledge, attitudes and values to enable them to serve as professional technical personnel in the infrastructure development sector.
- To produce technicians and Technologists to meet the market demand
- To promote creativity and innovation in Engineering and Technology
- To develop research skills in both Engineering & Technology
Read Other Articles on Kenya Institute of Highways and Building Technology (KIHBT)