Kenyatta University Self Sponsored Students Joining Instructions
The Kenyatta University Self Sponsored Programmes Students Joining Instructions for the 2023/2024 intake. A clear explanation on the Kenyatta University Self Sponsored Programmes Students Joining Instructions for 2023/2024 intake.
The Kenyatta University Intake comes with a clear Joining Instructions which applicants are supposed to follow in order to join the Kenyatta University. These facts are found in the Kenyatta University Self Sponsored Students Joining Instructions.
The admission department of the Kenyatta University has published the Kenyatta University Self Sponsored Students Joining Instructions for 2023/2024 intake. The details can be found below.
The Kenyatta University Self Sponsored Students Joining Instructions for 2023/2024
Find below the Kenyatta University Self Sponsored Students Joining Instructions.
REGULATIONS GOVERNING THE CONDUCT AND DISCIPLINE OF THE STUDENT OF THE UNIVERSITY
Definition of student:
- All students who have been formally admitted to a course of study for an Undergraduate degree within the University.
- All occasional students who are registered students of another University but are admitted to courses of study within Kenyatta University.
- All postgraduate students who are registered for higher degree courses within the University.
Vice Chancellor’s powers
The regulations and control of students’ behavior shall be administered by the Vice Chancellor on behalf of the council.
The following regulations shall apply to all students:-
A student may not keep a motor vehicle on University premises without written permission from the Registrar (Administration): such permission will not be given without proof of a current driving
license, a valid road tax license and current certificate of insurance. Such permission may be refused or withdrawn without assigning any reason thereof.
Responsibility of University property
A student or group of students will be held responsible for any damage to University property resulting from misuse or willful destruction of such property by that student or group of students.
Attendance of lectures, tutorials, seminars, practicals, and other scheduled courses of instruction are compulsory. The Dean of relevant School must authorize non-attendance due to illness or other good cause.
It shall be an offence against University regulations to create unreasonable noise or behave in an unruly or rowdy manner to the disturbance or annoyance of other occupants of University premises.
Loss of or damage to students’ property
The University disclaims all responsibility for losses of or damage to students’ property while on University premises.
Fire Fighting Appliances
It shall be a serious offence against University regulations to interfere with, damage or remove, other than for firefighting purposes, any firefighting appliances.
Procession and Demonstration
- It shall be a serious offence for any student or group of students whilst within the University to convene, organize, participate in any way be involved in any demonstrations, gatherings or processions or in any unauthorized ceremonies, gatherings or demonstrations for which permission has not been obtained from the University Government authorities.
- It shall be a serious offence for any student or group of students to organize or participate in pickets or in any manner prevent any student or member of staff from performing their normal duties.
Whereas consumption of alcohol is not prohibited, drunkenness and disturbances of other students because of drunkenness will constitute a serious offence.
Drug-Taking and possession of Drugs
It is a serious offence against University regulations to posses or take drugs as a student of this University.
- Correspondence to the press or other mass media by members of the University their individual capacity, individual students or officials of the students’ organization and other students should bear their individual names and their private address.
- No student shall make any public statement on behalf of the union or other societies on matters affecting the University without special authority from the Vice-Chancellor.
- Correspondence by individual students or by officials of the students’ organizations (including students’ societies) to representatives of foreign governments or other sponsoring bodies shall be sent through the office of the Dean of Students, who will forward as appropriate.
- Invitation to Government Ministries, representatives of foreign governments or other important persons to visit the University in their official capacity shall be notified to the University authorities in good time.
- Within the Universities Act. The Kenyatta University Charter and the Statutes empower the Senate to discipline all students on all academic matters. Such discipline includes: receiving and approving recommendations from School Boards and Board Examiners with respect to who qualifies to sit University Examinations.
- Senate makes determinations on who repeats which year, breach of examination regulations and who is to be discontinued from approved programmes of study. The decision of the Senate is binding subject only to an appeal for review on the basis of fresh evidence.
Breach of Examination Regulations
What Constitutes an Examination Offence of Irregularity?
- Trying to copy from unauthorized material.
- Passing verbal or written communication to other candidates in the examination room.
- Being in possession of used or unused examination answer books outside the examination room.
- Availing written material for use by other candidates.
- Copying from unauthorized material carried by the candidate himself/herself.
- Returning of examination answer books with written answers after the examinations.
Involvement in any examination irregularity will automatically lead to expulsion from the University.
The Senate Students Disciplinary Committee set up under the Kenyatta University Statutes Schedule
- 2. 3. and is composed of:
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) – Chairperson
- Principal of the College of concerned student
- Two student representatives (KUSA President and Academic Secretary)
- One Senate Representative
- Dean of School of the concerned student
- Chairperson of the relevant Department
- Director of Students Affairs
- Registrar (Academic) – Secretary In Attendance
- Chief Legal Officer
- Senate Secretariat
The Committee deals with all general offences committed by students in their day to day activities within the University other than the offences the University considers as major offences.
A student shall be given an opportunity of being heard before the students Disciplinary Committee makes its decision.
Under the senate students Disciplinary Committee, the penalties for the various general offences will vary according to the gravity of the offence.
The penalties will include:
- Letters of warning, which will be carried in the Students’ file.
- Payment for damages.
- Suspension from the University for a Specific Period.
- Expulsion from halls of residence.
- Expulsion from the University.
- A combination of any two or more of the above.
- Any other penalties as the committee may deem fit.
Council shall have the right to expel a student from the University without reference to the students when a student commits any of the following:
- Boycotts lectures.
- Maliciously or willfully damages University property.
- Violates regulations 3 (g).
- Assaults any member of staff in the discharge of official duties.
- Convicted by a Court of law for any criminal offence, which the Council shall deem serious enough to warrant expulsion from the University.
State Security Matters
The sovereignty of the State, together with the State Security Machinery to safeguard the sovereignty embraces the entire republic, within which the University falls. Accordingly, notwithstanding the existing University Machinery, the State Security Machinery cannot be faltered in the execution of its functions and duties. Such machinery is outside the University jurisdiction and any redress to action taken to such powers should be sought from the Government without in any way involving the University.
5. VARIATION OF REGULATIONS
The Vice-Chancellor shall have the power to add to or/and vary regulations contained in Section 3 until the next meeting of Council, But such addition or variation shall cease to have effect unless confirmed by Council at such meeting.
Read Other Articles on Kenyatta University
Kenyatta University Graduation
Kenyatta University Programmes
Kenyatta University Digital School
Kenyatta University Repository
Kenyatta University Student Portal
Kenyatta University Admission Letters
Kenyatta University Account Number
Kenyatta University Accommodation
Kenyatta University Application Form
Kenyatta University Bachelor of Commerce Units
Kenyatta University Business Course
Kenyatta University Bachelor of Education Course
Kenyatta University Business School
Kenyatta University Biennial Research and Innovation Conference
Kenyatta University Corporate Email
Kenyatta University City Campus
Kenyatta University Certificate Course
Kenyatta University Credit Transfer
C Minus Courses in Kenyatta University
C Plain Courses in Kenyatta University
Kenyatta University Distance Learning
Kenyatta University Degree Course
Kenyatta University Distance Learning Fee Structure
Kenyatta University Degree Certificate
D+ courses in Kenyatta University
D plain courses in Kenyatta University
Kenyatta University Exam Timetable
Kenyatta University Email Address
Kenyatta University e-Learning
Kenyatta University Entry Requirements
Kenyatta University Embu Campus
Kenyatta University Education Course
Kenyatta University e-Learning Course
Kenyatta University Fees Structure
Kenyatta University Faculty Portal
Kenyatta University Fee Deadline
Kenyatta University Graduation Fee
Kenyatta University Grading System
Kenyatta University Hostel Application
Kenyatta University Hospital Board
Kenyatta University Hospital Tenders
Kenyatta University Institutional Repository
Kenyatta University Internal Bursary
Kenyatta University ICT Support
Kenyatta University Internal Memo
Kenyatta University ID Replacement
Kenyatta University ICT Department
Kenyatta University January Intake
Kenyatta University Job Vacancies
Kenyatta University Joining Instructions
Kenyatta University Kitui Campus
Kenyatta University Kericho Campus
Kenyatta University KCB Bank Account Number
Kenyatta University Letterhead
Kenyatta University Latest Notices
Kenyatta University Main Campus Contacts
Kenyatta University Management
Kenyatta University Nakuru Campus
Kenyatta University Nairobi Campus
Kenyatta University Nakuru Campus Courses Offered
Kenyatta University Nyeri Campus
Kenyatta University Notable Alumni
Kenyatta University Online Services
Kenyatta University Online Course
Kenyatta University Online Application
Kenyatta University Opening Dates
Kenyatta University Office of the Registrar Academics
Kenyatta University Online Library
Kenyatta University Organizational Structure
Kenyatta University Online Registration
Kenyatta University Postal Address
Kenyatta University Past Papers
Kenyatta University Postal Code
Kenyatta University PhD Course
Kenyatta University Procurement
Kenyatta University Primary School
Kenyatta University Quantity Survey
Kenyatta University Masters Qualifications
Kenyatta University Diploma Qualification
Kenyatta University Degree Qualifications
Kenyatta University Course and Qualifications
Kenyatta University Research Proposal
Kenyatta University Research Projects
Kenyatta University Ruiru campus
Kenyatta University School of Business
Kenyatta University School of Medicine
Kenyatta University School of Law
Kenyatta University School of Economics
Kenyatta University School of Public Health
Kenyatta University Student Projects
Kenyatta University Staff Portal
Kenyatta University Transcripts
Kenyatta University Undergraduate Clearance Form
Kenyatta University Undergraduate Course
Kenyatta University Unit Registration Form
Kenyatta University Undergraduate Fee Structure
Kenyatta University Unit Registration Deadline
Kenyatta University Vice Chancellor contacts
Kenyatta University Virtual School
Kenyatta University Vision and Mission
Kenyatta University Weekend Classes
Kenyatta University Wellness Centre
Kenyatta University First Year Reporting Date
Kenyatta University First Year Hostel Allocation
Kenyatta University First Year Timetable
Kenyatta University Department of Zoology
Kenyatta University Probability and Statistics
Kenyatta University Graduation List