Kenya Prisons Service Recruitment 2023/2024
Kenya Prisons Service Recruitment 2023/2024 – Apply for Kenya Prisons Service Recruitment 2023/2024
Do you want to work with the Kenya Prisons Service? Well, here is your chance. The Kenya Prisons Service wishes to announce to the general public that there will be a recruitment exercise of Prisons Constables (Male and Female)
The Kenya Prisons Service under the Ministry of Interior and Co-ordination of National Government will on October 9, 2023, conduct countrywide recruitment of Prison Constables.
Kenya Prisons Service Recruitment Requirements 2023/2024
Kenya Prisons Recruitment Requirements 2023: The following are the Kenya Prisons recruitment general entry requirement for applicants:
Kenya Prisons Service Recruitment Qualifications – Constables
Potential candidates must possess the following qualifications;
- Have a Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) minimum grade of D+ and above or equivalent qualification from a recognised institution.
- Be between the ages of 18 – 28 years for secondary school leavers;
- Must be a Kenyan citizen;
- Be at least 5 feet 4 inches tall for men and 5 feet 2 inches tall for women;
- Be physically and medically fit;
- Must have good hearing and clear vision;
- Have no criminal record;
- Female candidates Must not be pregnant at the time of recruitment and during training.
Prospective candidates must carry their original identification card, birth certificate, KRA PIN certificate, academic certificates and other testimonials on the day of recruitment.
On recruitment, candidates will undergo an intensive Government-sponsored paramilitary initial training course (professional) lasting not less than nine (9) months.
In addition, while undergoing the professional training, recruits will be expected to undertake a Self-Sponsored Certificate or Diploma course in Security and Correctional Science offered by Kenyatta University at a cost to be determined by the university.
The recruitment exercise will be absolutely free.
Bribery and other acts of corruption are unlawful.
Any person presenting themselves for recruitment with falsified or fake academic certificates, identity cards or engaging in any acts that amount to corruption shall be arrested and prosecuted.
Academic / Technical Qualifications
Technicians: Candidates must possess a relevant certificate /diploma from a recognized institution and be registered with the relevant bodies where applicable;
Artisans: Candidates must possess a minimum mean grade of D+ at KCSE or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
i. Certificate in Government Trade Test Grade III/II/I from a recognized institution;
ii. Certificate in Craft or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
In addition, they must have two (2) years of work experience and above.
KENYA PRISONS JOB VACANCIES
- Clinical Officers III/II/I (PG 3)
- Nursing Officers III/II/I (PG 3)
- Public Health Officers III/II/I (PG 3)
- Radiographers III/II/I (PG 3)
- Pharmaceutical Technologists III/II/I (PG 3)
- Community Oral Health Officers III/II/I (PG 3)
- Health Records & Information Officers III/II/I (PG 3)
- Laboratory Technologists III (PG 3)
- Nutritionists III/II (PG 3)
- Animal Health Officers (PG 3)
- Information Communication Technology Officers III (PG 3)
- Housekeepers/Caterers II (PG 3)
- Instructors III(example Negotiators, Disaster Management) (PG 3)
- P1 Teachers (PG 2)
- Early Childhood Development Officers (PG 1)
- Cooks (PG 1)
- Bands Men (PG 1)
- Masonry or Bricklaying (PG 1/2/3)
- Construction or Carpentry & Joinery (PG1/2/3 )
- Tailoring, Dressmaking, Fashion &Designing (PG1/2/3)
- Fitter General (PG 1/2/3)
- Architect Assistants (PG1/2/3)
- Metal workers (PG 1/2/3)
- Wood/Stone carvers (PG 1/2/3)
- Leather Works (PG 1/2/3)
- Electrical Assistants (PG1/2/3)
- Painting & sign writers (PG1/2/3)
- Plant Technicians (PG 1/2/3)
- Plumbers/Water Supply Operators (PG 1/2/3)
- Draughtsman (PG 1/2/3)
- Videographers (PG 1/2/3)
- Hair & Beauty Therapist (PG 1/2/3)
- Welding & fabrication (PG 1/2)
On recruitment, candidates will undergo an intensive Government-sponsored para-military initial training course lasting not less than nine (9) months.
The recruitment exercise will be absolutely FREE. Bribery and other acts of corruption are unlawful. Any person presenting themselves for recruitment with falsified or fake academic/professional certificates, identity cards, or engaging in any acts that amount to corruption SHALL be disqualified, arrested and prosecuted.
Members of the public are warned that recruitment will only be conducted at the listed recruitment centres and on the day as indicated. Any person, therefore, purporting to be issuing calling letters away from the recruiting centres should be treated as a criminal.
Prospective candidates MUST carry their original identification card, birth certificate, KRA PIN certificate, academic certificates and other testimonials on the day of recruitment.
Kenya Prisons Service Most Related Articles: