Kenya Police Service Ranks 2023/2024
Kenya Police Service Ranks – Kenya Police Service Chain of Command, Officer Ranks, Badge Identification.
The Kenya Police wear badges of rank on the shoulders (Inspector-General – Inspector) and sleeve (Senior Sergeant – Constable) of their uniform to denote their rank. In line with the ongoing reforms, the uniforms committee is also working on new insignia for the revised rank structure, which will have to be approved by the National Police Service Commission.
The order of Kenya Police ranks is as follows:
- Inspector-General (formerly Commissioner of Police) – equivalent to the 2-star General in the Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)
- Deputy Inspector-General – equivalent to the one-star rank -Brigadier General in the KDF
- Senior Assistant Inspector-General – (equivalent to Colonel]] in the KDF
- Assistant Inspector-General – equivalent to the Lieutenant Colonel] in the KDF
- Commissioner of Police
- Senior Superintendent – equivalent to Major in the KDF
- Superintendent – equivalent to Captain in the KDF
- Assistant Superintendent – equivalent to Lieutenant in the KDF
- Chief Inspector – equivalent to [[Warrant Officer 1) in the KDF
- Inspector – equivalent to Warrant Officer 2 or Sergeant Major in the KDF
- Senior Sergeant – equivalent to Senior Sergeant in the KDF
- Sergeant – equivalent to Sergeant in the KDF
- Constable – equivalent to Private in the KDF
Former Kenya Police ranks and insignia can be found at this reference.
Kenya Police Service FAQ
Kenya Police Service Related Articles: