Kenya Police Service Abstract 2023/2024
Kenya Police Service Abstract 2023/2024 – How to Get Kenya Police Service Abstract and P3 Forms 2023/2024
Reasons Why you may Need a Police Abstract Form in Kenya
Kenya Police Service Recruitment
1. If you lose your Identity Card
This is the most regular reason that Kenyans go out to look for a police abstract.
You may have lost your ID accidentally or by some other mechanism.
However, as the situation always demands, you are safe when you quickly report the loss of your identification card.
There have been reported cases where the owners of identity cards have had to answer several questions as their documents were found in some criminal sites. Kenya Police Service Abstract Form
In any case, it is a legal requirement that you produce a filled police abstract form for loss of ID right before you can renew your lost identification card.
2. If you lose your Driving License
When someone loses the most important document as far as driving is concerned, then you’re required by law to obtain a police abstract.
Without a license, it is virtually impossible to drive in any law-abiding country.
This only shows you how important the abstract is. You can indeed drive for a few more days if you had the abstract rather than if you didn’t.
However, nothing can ever replace your license but you can save yourself from a little inconvenience. Kenya Police Service Abstract Form
3. Loss of Household Goods
People lose similar properties every day. For a reason or the other, some people do not know that that you can actually pick an abstract form for loss of any property.
Police officers need to know the particular individual to contact in case some property is recovered.
It will be difficult for anybody including the police to identify some recovered property as belonging to you if you didn’t present a police abstract.
Even the courts of law can only rule in your favor if you have properly documented your loss of property with the police.
You should indeed pick it for anything that can be recovered by authorities however long the recovery process takes.
The Officer Commanding Police Station(OCS), must sign and rubber-stamp the filled form and an official receipt issued.
4. If you’re involved in a traffic accident you will need an Accident Abstract
Immediately after an accident, you are required to report to the police station.
The report is entered into an occurrence book(OB) and the OB Number is given to you.
The abstract will be produced in court as evidence.
The police abstract will show:
1. The date of the accident. the place where the accident took place.
3. The registration number of the motor vehicles involved.
4. The insurance company and policy numbers of the motor vehicles.
5. The names of the parties involved.
Reasons why you may Need a P3 Form in Kenya
A P3 form is used to request for medical examination by a Medical Officer of Health, in order to determine the nature and extent of the bodily injury sustained by a complainant(s) in assault cases.
The P3 form is in two parts.
This is filled out by the Police Officer assigned to the case, indicating details of the complainant or suspect in question in a particular case, as well as a brief summary of the allegations.
It is stated clearly that a registered Medical Officer or Medical Practitioner can fill the form. This extends to include Dental and Clinical Officers. In criminal offences, government doctors must be the ones to fill the form.
Part II is divided into 4 sections, Sections A to D. Section A is mandatory for all cases. Filling of Sections B, C, and D depends on the nature of the case.
Who needs a P3 form?
1. Victims injured in cases of, but not limited to:
2. Sexual assault – children and adults
3. Domestic violence/Intimate partner violence
4. Child abuse and neglect
5. Road traffic injuries
6. Occupational hazards
7. Animal attacks
Process involved in obtaining a P3 form
Victims of violence either report to police stations first then the hospital or to hospitals first then the Police Station, usually depending on the degree of injury and/or safety.
I recommend visiting a hospital first before Police Stations whenever possible to allow for medical intervention and for findings to be documented.
Victims require a Medical Report from the hospital before the P3 can be filled.
Sexual assault cases should ensure a Post Rape Care(PRC) form is filled out prior to filling of the P3 form. This PRC form is a ministry of health document found, filled and stored at medical facilities.
Note that for rape cases, a Post Rape Care (PRC) form should be filled. This PRC form is required before filling of the P3 can be done.
What are the outcomes following the filling of a P3 form
1. The outcome depends on the case that brought about the need for the P3 form. In brief,
2. If the case is criminal and involving a minor, then the complainant and accused MUST end up in court.
3. If adults are involved in say, domestic violence not resulting in death, then the complainant decides whether or not to proceed with a court process.
4. If for example 2 adults are involved in a bar fight not resulting in death, then the complainant can decide whether or not to proceed with the case after the P3 form is filled.
5. In sexual violence cases involving an ADULT complainant, they decide whether or not to proceed to court.
6. In sexual violence cases involving minors, the case MUST proceed to court.
How to Download Police Abstract and P3 forms
You can always get a police form by downloading it from the Kenya police official website.
Here is the procedure:
1. Log in to http://www.nationalpolice.go.ke.
2. Make sure you click on downloads next.
3. You will then be given a series of abstracts to choose from. They will include the accident abstract form, the P3 form, and the general abstract form.
4. Depending on your need, you can go ahead and download the form you need.
5. You should then fill in the details and return it to a police station that you are necessarily close to.
Note: Some Police stations usually have their own Abstract forms although they might tell you to pay the printing Fee.
Kenya Police Service FAQ
Are Kenya Police Allowed To Vote
How Long Does Kenya Police Training Take
How To Download Kenya Police Payslip
How Much Is Kenya Police Salary
When Will Be Kenya Police Recruitment
Kenya Police Service Related Articles:
Kenya Police Service Standing Orders
Kenya Police Service Recruitment
Kenya Police Service Commission
Kenya Police Service Abstract Form
Kenya Police Service Application Form
Kenya Police Service Allowances
Kenya Police Service Badges of Ranks
Kenya Police Service Recruitment Dates
Kenya Police Service Departments
History of Kenya Police Service
Kenya Police Service Functions
Kenya Police Service Official Website
Kenya National Police Service Pay Circular
Kenya Police Service Recruitment Requirements
Kenya Police Service Salary Scale
Kenya Police Service Transfers