Jomo Kenyatta University Admission Requirements 2023
The Jomo Kenyatta University Admission Requirements 2023/2024. See Details of Jomo Kenyatta University Admission Requirements on this page.
Jomo Kenyatta University is one of the best universities in Kenya. The school offers many programmes to train students to become great professionals and leaders in the future.
Before one can get admission to read their preferred course, you need to meet the Entry/Admission Requirements for that particular course. The Admission Office of the Jomo Kenyatta University has announced the available Courses and their Admission Requirements for the 2023/2024 Jomo Kenyatta University Intake.
The Jomo Kenyatta University hence welcomes applicants to apply to read their Courses, therefore, applicants should read the Admission Requirements provided below well.
Jomo Kenyatta University Requirements – Jomo Kenyatta University Admission Requirements 2023/2024
Details of Jomo Kenyatta University Courses and Entry/Admission Requirements 2023/2024
Jomo Kenyatta University Admission Requirements for Specific Courses
Jomo Kenyatta University College of Health Sciences Admission Requirements
- Jomo Kenyatta University School of Nursing Admission Requirements
Undergraduate Admission criteria/Requirements
The minimum entry requirements are a mean grade of C+ in KCSE or its equivalent with C+ in each of the following cluster subjects: English, Biology/Biological Sciences, Chemistry Mathematics or Physics.
RN to BScN Upgrading
• KCSE aggregate C plain plus Diploma in Nursing
• KCE/EACE Division 2 plus Diploma in Nursing
• KACE 1Principal and 2 Subsidiaries plus Diploma in Nursing
• At least 2 years working experience after attainment of the Diploma in Nursing
Masters Admission/ entry requirements
The candidates must be holders of Bachelor of Science in Nursing from JKUAT or other universities recognized by senate
Must have a valid practising license from the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Jomo Kenyatta University School of Medicine Admission Requirements
Undergraduate Minimum entry requirements
All candidates must satisfy the common requirements for entry to university. In addition:
i. KCSE holders: an average of B+ plus in the 4 cluster subjects shown below provided that no subject in the cluster shall be below B plain
• Physics/ mathematics
• English/ Kiswahili
ii. Advanced level holders: a minimum of 2 principal passes in Biology and Chemistry and one subsidiary pass in Physics/Maths. In addition to a Credit pass in English
iii. Diploma in Clinical Medicine: a minimum “O” level Division 11 or C+ plus mean grade and Credit pass C+ in the cluster subjects in KCSE in addition to a Credit pass in the professional qualification from a recognized Medical Training Institution
iv. Holders of any degree in the biological sciences from JKUAT or equivalent qualification from a university recognized by JKUAT
Masters Entry Requirements:
BSc degree in Physiotherapy, from JKUAT or any other Institution recognized by JKUAT Senate and met the general regulations for all Masters degree in the College of Health Sciences (COHES)
In addition, the candidates MUST be registered with the Kenya society of Physiotherapists (KSP). Foreign-trained physiotherapists must be registered with their respective physiotherapy bodies in their respective country of training. They must also be compliant with all the KSP requirements in Kenya before registration.
- Jomo Kenyatta University School of Public Health Admission Requirements
Undergraduate Minimum Entry requirements:
KCSE Mean Grade C+ with C+ in Biology/Biological Sciences, C in English/Swahili, and C in any two: Maths, Chemistry or Physics, or Mathematics, Physical Science, Geography/Agriculture
Or K.A.C.E. 2 relevant Principle passes
Or Diploma or HND in Community Health Development, Clinical Medicine, Public Health, Human Nutrition, Pharmacy.
Masters Minimum Entry Requirements:
University degree with Upper Second-Class Honours in the respective discipline from a University recognised by JKUAT Senate.
Or University degree with Lower Second-Class Honours in the respective discipline plus acceptable evidence of research ability or academic work recognised by JKUAT Senate.
- Jomo Kenyatta University School of Biomedical Sciences Admission Requirements
Students wishing to study Biochemistry and Molecular Biology must satisfy the minimum University requirements and Faculty/School entry requirements. A student to be admitted must satisfy any of the following minimum requirements;
- must have passed Biology or Biological Sciences and Chemistry in KCSE at a minimum grade of C+. In addition, a student must have passed Maths or Physics / Physical Science with a minimum grade of C. A student who has not attained the said grade in Maths or Physics or Physical Science must undertake and pass the respective bridging course in an institution recognized by the university senate in order to be considered for the degree programme.
- have a minimum of 2 principal passes in biology and chemistry subjects in Kenya Advanced Certificate of Education (KACE) or its equivalent,
- have a diploma in relevant science subjects and with at least a credit pass from an Institution recognized by the University Senate,
- have a diploma in applied Sciences with at least a credit pass in relevant science subjects from an Institution recognized by the University Senate,
- have any other qualifications accepted by the University Senate as equivalent to 1.1 to 1.4. Students who hold any of the qualifications 1.2, 1.3 and 1.4 above may at the discretion of the Faculty/School be admitted directly to the second year of the course in which case they may complete their course in a minimum of three academic years and a maximum of five academic years.
- Admission is subject to the availability of facilities.
College of Pure & Applied Sciences Admission Requirements
- Jomo Kenyatta University School of Computing and Information Technology Admission Requirements
Undergraduate Course Requirements
K.C.S.E; Aggregate C+ and average grade C+ in one of the following subject combinations: a.Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry b.Mathematics, Physical Science, Biological Science
Diploma in Computer Technology, Computer Science, Information Technology, or in any other relevant diploma with a credit pass from an Institution recognized by the Senate.
Any other qualifications deemed by the Senate to be equivalent to the above.
Postgraduate Course Requirements
Holders of a Bachelor degree of at least Upper Second Class Honors from a recognized University. Holders of a
Bachelor degree of at least Lower Second Class Honors from a recognized University with at least three years experience.
Read Other Articles on Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT)