Egerton University Distance Learning 2022/2023
The Egerton University Distance Learning 2022/2023. Details of Egerton University Distance Learning 2022/2023
COLLEGE OF OPEN AND DISTANCE LEARNING
The College of Open and Distance Learning (CODL) was established in 2002. The mandate of CODL is to develop, coordinate, promote and manage all open and distance learning programmes of Egerton University. Its Vision is to be a national and regional centre of excellence and choice for open and distance learning programmes. CODL is headed by a Director who is answerable to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Academic Affairs and has four departments each headed by a coordinator.
To be a national and regional centre of excellence in, and the first choice for distance learning and research.
- Expanding access to quality and affordable higher education for Kenyans.
- Improve the quality of primary and secondary education, through research and enhanced access to Continuing Professional Development by teachers.
- Establish collaborations and partnerships with local and international institutions to develop, sustain and enhance appropriate and effective distance learning systems and personnel.
- Select, develop and utilize appropriate media and technologies for teaching, learning, assessment and evaluation in distance learning.
- Integrate with the local community through the provision of service and consultancy.
Read Other Articles on Egerton University